Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tonight

The Biggest Looser is back on for a new season, and another reminder that I am still large and in charge. I realised today that I am really lazy. One of my weaknesses is donuts. I don't mean cream filled, maple bars, long johns, Bismark's, or sprinkled. I mean good old fashion sour cream (cake) donuts. (I do have to admit that I do enjoy a good apple fritter now and then, but since leaving the PacNW I have not found one that is worth the calories.) So today, I was craving a donut, this is not the first craving lately I have had, Saturday was a good donut day at the HEB. So I planned on stopping and grabbing me one and perhaps a chocolate milk or Diet Coke, cause they both go well. But then I decided it was too much hassle and I could not get myself to do it. Not because I thought better of putting fried dough with sugar in my mouth, but because I was too lazy! That is sad.

It was college football opening weekend. These weekends have become a bit of tradition round here. Nothing gets done, and my buddy Kyle does it up right. Its like thanks giving over there, and who can diet on thanksgiving. The sad thing is there is never a good time to diet.

So I am going to say it again and again, I will continue to work at this, its still hard but I am going to make it.

4 comments:

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Hey Josh! Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. The sugar skull painting is one of my all-time-favorites too. It turned out exactly as I envisioned it. In fact, I love the image so much that for my next tattoo(s) I am having a smaller replica of the image tattooed on the front of each of my shoulders!

I do have a studio. The room that would be the master bedroom for others, is my studio. However, I have so many supplies (and interests) that I have outgrown that room. So, the plan is to convert the livingroom into my studio and make my current studio into a small sitting/living room. I have sketched out the floorplan I want for the new studio but haven't started the transition yet. I first need to seriously sort through all my "treasures" and determine what stays and what goes. Those things that I now longer use (passing fancies) but that are still in excellent condition (some are still brand new) I will be donating to The Jackson Street Youth Shelter in Corvallis and to the Albany Boys and Girls Club where I know the will be welcome and put to good use.

Now that I have a digital camera, I plan to post more of my artwork. Keep your eyes peeled...

Hugs, JayLene

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Well look at it this way Josh, your "laziness" over that donut worked in your favor... You didn't have one (or 6, if you're like me...LOL!).

I truly believe that when it comes to making healthy lifestyle changes in the FOOD area, it may have to be a change for the ENTIRE family. Because when there are snackies around for the kidlets, it is too, too easy to munch along with them. I know that I have just had to change the way I shop and the way I cook - for both of us. I also know that I do much better with my weight, energy and overall well being if I eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day (grazing) instead of 3 large ones. It's especially noticeable at dinnertime - by grazing throughout the day (and NOT skipping meals), when it comes time to dinner I eat a lot less instead of devouring the entire LARGE pizza! LOL!

Keep at it. You have a lot of people routing for you - and I have no doubt that you have 100% support on the homefront.

Hugs, JayLene

Kyle said...

You do have to remain disciplined, but dont be your own gestapo. Give yourself a little leeway. Its good to work hard all week and then earn your 'day off', you know what I mean? I love our saturday feasts, and I make sure that the rest of the week I am good about what I eat and then let it get a little wild on that one day. Its ok to eat donuts, just dont eat them every day, and take that donut into account with the rest of your daily intake. If you give yourself a day to be not so good, you'll be better the rest of the week to get to that no so good day.

Hang in there brother.

Eric Devericks said...

Oh donuts, how do I love you let me count the ways. Have you ever had Entemanns buttermilk old fashioned glazed? Don't! Oh goodness. It's hard , so very hard but I know you can do this! Keep on keepin on.