Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More drible

So once again I am reporting a little less success than I had hoped. Some of me is in denial mode, another part is in i could give a hang, and there is another part that is saying why cant you stick with this?

So I will continue to be honest in the fact that I have a motivation issue and like to eat yummy food that is unhealthy for me. I am reading another book that has inspired me...

So here is a something that I do every night. I lay in bed and visualize my self running freely. thin and fit. Arms like Vin Diesel, abs like Matthew Mcconaughey, and a chest like Daniel Craig.
I mean I feel it. My heart races, and I get nervous, like just before a race, and I feel the power driving in my legs and freedom that comes with running, it is awesome. I drift pleasantly off to sleep, with the full intent on getting my ross out of the sac and do it, really get after it. Then morning rolls around and I am sleeping good, and feeling the nice fan, the and the soft pillow, Xander comes and I put Sponge Bob on and I come up with some excuse....
MAN!

At least I only weigh 185... (I should say lbs in case my positive thinking is on the metric system and converted it to kg)

7 comments:

Lisa Clift said...

Motivation is one of the hardest things. I have not exercised in a month. Not because I can't go out and walk but because my walking partner has not been available. I have no self motivation. I feel like a slug but haven't done anything to change it. UUGGGHHH!
Oh isn't life grand.

Lisa

Eric Devericks said...

I never do exercise that I hate. I know I will never make a habit of it so I just don't start. Instead, I figure out those things that I like and try to do more of them. Then the motivation isn't exercise for the sake of exercise, it's just fun and exercise is the side effect. One big problem for me though is that my knees hold me back.

I always have trouble up here in the winter. Dark at 4, rain everyday, are major motivators to stay indoors.

One of the only exercises for the sake of exercises I like is weight lifting. So, I bought a few dumbbells and I am hoping to do that this winter and maybe a bit of longboarding.

Margo Clift said...

I love to eat yummy food as well. Seems crazy, but I crave more buttery rich food and rib eye steak, (medium well). I love fruit, peaches, strawberries, mixed berries (with heavy cream or half and half).
And I love homemade bread! SURPRISE!
NOW THAT IS A DIET!
Exercise is really hard for me as well, due to several factors. (mostly excuses) I think there is a song with the appropriate title, "I Aint as Young as I once Was"
I love the thought of imagining myself exercising and feeling good results.
Besides, snuggling with that Xander Bob is pretty persuasive deterent to exercise.
And beleive me, at this point, 185 lbs. sounds good to me too.
Have a good day.
Mom

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Ah yes, there is nothing harder in the world to do then leave a soft, comfortable bed (especially when snuggling with one of your little ones)to exercise. Ugh! I had the most success with exercise when I (1) found something that I really liked doing (Cardio Kickboxing) and which didn't have me looking at my watch after 5 minutes and (2) that I could do on my lunch hour. If I have to get up earlier than usual to exercise or exercise after work (when all I want to do is go home, it just won't happen. (Not that it's happening currently either!)

Keep at it. I believe in you!

Hugs, JayLene

Kyle said...

I think I am contributing to your yummy food issues by making such non-healthy stuff for football weekends. Lets think of a healthy alternative to have each week so Im not keeping you from your goals!

Josh said...

its not you its me, kyle!

Josh said...

Eric you rule, I hink I need to incorporate longboarding into my schedule.