Monday, April 28, 2008

Twilight Dad

WARNING SPOILER ALERT... IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK TWILIGHT AND YOU ARE PLANNING TO, STOP!

Chrissta and her friends, my mom, sister, sister-in-law and just about all the other ladies I have talked to have read these books. (Sorry Jill, I know you aren't a fan). So I thought I would see what all the excitement around Edward and Bella is. I know I am risking loosing my man card, but I read all three of he existing books, and to tell you the truth, I feel bad for Jacob, I am disgusted with Bella, and sort of indifferent about Edward. (I do think I have a crush on Alice though, and would like to hang out with Emmit and Jasper.) So there. Oh, and I thought a book about vampires in Washington was a little far fetched, but NO you have to add Werewolves too? MAN. I would have been OK with all these monsters, but there just was not enough vampirey stuff for me. Instead it everything was dismissed as a myth and that was it. What a cop-out. Where is the garlic, holy water, coffins, fear of crosses and holy water, and can't be in the sun?

I will say that I did loose sleep staying up late reading the stuff, and I will see the movie and yes I will probably read the next one.

6 comments:

Eric Devericks said...

I thought there was no way for you to be cooler in my eyes but I was wrong. You have to be one of the BEST men ever! Miss ya.

The Halls said...

I agree with feeling bad for Jacob and I wanted to take Bella by the shoulders in the third book and just shake her really hard. I am glad you're reading them for the pure fact that whenever Kevin makes fun of me Ican tell him his older, taller, more sophisticated brother in law is cultured enough to read these books!!!

Taste of Champaign said...

Jessen read all three books too, and he has pretty much all the same feelings you do...I have to admit I was pretty disappointed as well. But for some dang reason we just couldn't put the books down either.

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Are these the books written by the LDS author? I may now have to read them - since you did - and you are so cool, I must follow your example! :-)

Hugs, JayLene

Laura said...

Josh, you ROCK!!!! I am so proud of you for reading Twilight. Will you please tell Larry that it's okay and that he'll like it?

Crazy Fawson Fun said...

You know Josh I must say that Allison had to read the books to me because I just wasn't THAT interested by the books. However I kind of have the same sentiments about the characters. Alice just seems so cool.