Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Just Another Day

This daily thing is tough. As you can see I have not been so good at it. But I have been working hard thinking hard and livin lite...

I am reading this book called "The Secret". Its one of those life changing books. The premise is that the secret is the law of attraction. If you really want to be something or you want some thing, visualize that its yours, and it will be, or rather there will be a way that is provided. Its quite powerful if you think about it. I don't expect everyone to understand at first, but I do and that's what matters most.

So how does this relate to my size? Here is how, there is no dieting, my mindset is that I am my ideal weight and I can eat anything I want. But here is how it works. I am my ideal weight, so what do I eat? Healthy good stuff that makes Me feel good. I also exercise, cause that's what thin folks do, and I am thin, my ideal weight. Before I stated that it was 220, well that has been bothering me ever since I wrote it. There has been a number that I cant let go of, so it must be my true ideal weight. Oh by the way its 185. Isn't that great!

I have also made some common sense adjustments. Like drinking 40 oz of water before I have a soda. Then before I can have another, I need to drink 40 oz more. So what this has done is I really don't want more than one soda, if I want one at all, after drinking all that water. I guess its "40 oz to freedom" to quote Sublime.

The other thing is that I have been adding in activity. Again thats what thin folk do. So far this has been great. I have been eating smaller portions, the only setback has been the cookies at work. Even they are not a big deal.

6 comments:

Cooper said...

I have not read the book, but I watched The Secret online. While it was very motivating for me, I have discovered, through other readings, that it is essentially a modern update of Norman Vincent Peale's Power of Positive Thinking, only made more New Agey for today's audience....good luck with your journey...

Byron and Tara said...

Way to go Josh! I am proud of you. I just told Chrissta the other day you looked like you have allready lost some weight.

Kyle said...

Nicely done my man. I think 185 is a great number, and you CAN get there. Its not going to happen quickly though so focusing on the end-game is key. I'm here for ya bro....keep on keepin' on!

The way I kicked the snacking habit was to be true to my calorie count for the day. If I wanted that snack, I read the calories and usually decided it wasn't worth it. 200 calories for 3 cookies? I'd rather have a 200 calorie sandwich that will be more satisfying than 3 cookies.

Margo Clift said...

There are so many "self improvement " authors out there. With a lot of great advice.
I just think sometimes it is our own strength that we have some how ignored that finally connects with what is being said and we recognize wno we are and what we are capable of. It sounds as though you have been inspired to improving your physical self through your changing your old attitudes and habits.
How awesome is that?
We all love you, you know. Either just the way you are or who you choose to become.
Just always be true to who you really are, a child of a loving Heavenly Father.
And a special part of this family. I think you were about 185 the first time we met. Good Luck with your goal.
Love
Mom

Grandpa Clift said...

Josh:

I love you son. Keep up the good work. You are great how ever big or small you are but you have to be happy with you.

Love you
Dad

Anonymous said...

hi josh, interesting journal. just wanted to say that it was great to see that you are reading and being inspired by 'the secret'.. my friend is currently raving about it and is all he speaks of!! maybe i will have read it!!!

sarah.. [friend of jaylene]